This site throws a wobbler with Firefox

Graham. 23:46 27 Feb 11

click here

OK with Internet Explorer. I know it's a genuine site, why has this just happened, I wonder.

lotvic 00:24 28 Feb 11

Click on 'Why was this page blocked?'
Partial quote:
"What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 33 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 3 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2011-02-27, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-02-27."

Graham. 00:33 28 Feb 11

Thanks. I think it is an error somewhere on Google. I've flagged it up to BMFA.

Graham. 00:35 28 Feb 11

Just found this on Bing click here

lotvic 00:43 28 Feb 11

Looks like the site has been attacked and infected in some way. Their Admin (BMFA) will have to clear it up.

Graham. 10:04 28 Feb 11

OK in Opera and Google Chrome. Why just Firefox?

stlucia2 11:00 28 Feb 11

It's not just Firefox -- I get the same message with IE7 if I use Google to find the BMFA web address, and then click on the link in the results page.

But IE7 does get me there okay if I just type in the web address, whereas Firefox gives me the Reported Attack Page if I do that.

Either Google has found something bad that other browsers didn't notice, or there's a fault in Google. But why does Google Chrome connect straight to the site?

lotvic 12:32 28 Feb 11

There is no fault in Google.
It all depends on your own settings in your Browser.
In FF > Tools > Options, Security tab, I have ticked for 'Block Reported Attack Sites' and FF checks with Google list of sites that have been reported as infected.

lotvic 18:51 28 Feb 11

In both FF and IE when I do a google search for bmfa.org both sets of results bring up Results labelled 'This site may harm your computer'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant