Site for hosting files...

Breeze1 21:37 13 Nov 05

Hi,

On a site I use with foirums they have a music facility that plays mp3's thru a player on the site. It is designed so that members can hear tracks others have posted but not download them for obvious legal reasons.

The site doesn't allow the mp3's to be uploaded but instead you must find a hosting site and then get a link. The problem is the link must be in the format:
click here

I don't have my own site and the file-hosting sites I've tried all give a link in a format with a .html ending. Does anyone know of a file hosting site that would provide a link in the required format?

Thanks!

octal 21:43 13 Nov 05

Does your own ISP offer a hosting service? Most ISP's do that for their own members. If your own ISP doesn't do it try Geocities click here

keewaa 21:43 13 Nov 05

What's the music site?

If you upload an MP3 to a file hosting site then that file should be in the correct format ... all you have to do is right click on it to find it's address.

octal 21:54 13 Nov 05

I've just tried geocities by uploading an MP3 file and I was able to download it OK, so it does work.

Breeze1 22:26 13 Nov 05

I created a geocities page but it said the file-type of mp3 was invalid for upload. Where did you upload it octal?

My ISP is BT but its all set-up and paid by my employer so I dont get any web-space, unfortunately, or even a BT email addy.

Thanks for your replies.

octal 23:10 13 Nov 05

This is a file I uploaded onto my site click here you should be able to download it, its only a small file of just over 300KB.

When you sign in, look in the Advanced Toolbox on the right hand side and you'll see "Easy upload" click on that and you'll be able to upload your files.

You may have to upload an index.html page first as the reference, but this need only be very simple, something like "Breez1 home page".

Breeze1 23:39 13 Nov 05

Excellent. That works! Thanks octal. Just have to consider paying now I guess to get more hosting space than 15MB...

Breeze1 23:42 22 Nov 05

Found a site that does this (as well as using geocities) ... filelodge.com

Thanks to all for your help resolving this. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced