sis735/ecs k7 s5a updates

pookie 08:41 17 Jul 03

hi

ecs k7s5a, 2.4 athlon, windows xp home, sapphire 9700 pro, 768 mb pc2100 ddr.

I had a post running re 3dscore 2001se build 330 not running since 9700 pro installed. I have also had one on sapphire's website. Sapphires website is full of people have 3d score and games locking/shutting down and the forums users seem to have tried everything, voltage changes/chipset driver changes, underclocking card.

Voltage changes and the likes I would not consider but several, including huggy71 from my other thread, have suggested latest drivers for mobo chipset. Last week shop installed latest bios for mobo when they installed 2.4 athlon. But does that put on latest sis735 agp driver for mobo as i'm told that i should update this.

If i should update this, sisoft sandra says sis 735, then is it just a case of downloading from ecs website the agp sis735 update and installing. should i uninstall anything or should i just leave well alone.

I should say that when i had 1.9 athlon and ti 4200 graphics that my 3d score was correct for my set up. The time the 3d score did run under 9700 pro my score was 12050 which may be slightly low but I did have fast write on and truform was on. I haven't been able to test with this of. As these tests gave accurate readings then what benefit would update agp driver for mobo have?

sorry this is so long winded.

P

pookie 13:07 17 Jul 03

i've done more reading and more people are saying 'Increase AGP Voltage by 0.1 or 0.2 volts, in BIOS.' Is this safe? Some have said to increase 'core voltage' - again should I?

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…