SiS Chipset driver upgrade

balcarras 12:13 19 Nov 04

I have a K7S5A motherboard with Ti200 AGP card.
I have checked the sis and ecs websites and there is a driver update (click here)...

I have this question: Can I install this update withtout first removing the Creative GPU drivers?

I have done some research and this post (click here) suggests that I should remove all the video card drivers first....

Also is anyone running this latest SiS driver with this motherboard?

JIM 12:40 19 Nov 04

Noticed in one of your links a comment,

(Depending on your system and video card, the newest version of SIS AGP (or
any companies AGP) isn't always the best one to use for your circumstances.)etc.ect.

Are you having problems that require an update driver,or is it update for the sake off.Most updates take account for problems with newer hardware and may not be the best for your setup. Your Ti200 AGP card is around the same product time as my Ti400 and i am wary these days of updating for the sake of if all is running well.

balcarras 12:47 19 Nov 04

I ran Aida32 in preparation for removing my Ti200 to replace with a 9600 Pro. I was concerned to find in the AGP section it stated that "AGP was disabled" - I wondered if perhaps the Sis AGP drivers have never been installed!!!

balcarras 12:57 19 Nov 04

Perhaps this thread I have found is a very similar problem to mine:

click here

I am tending to believe that I can just run the sis exe to upgrade the chipset agp drivers without uninstalling the card drivers.

JIM 13:24 19 Nov 04

I would go along with what you say and link.Set a restore point before-hand wont go a miss.

balcarras 14:41 19 Nov 04

Unfortunately I am running win2k....I prefer it to XP...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…