SiS 7012 Audio problem

Hi can anyone help
I am having real problems with my home pc.

The sound card i have is SiS 7012. What happened was i reloaded xp onto my machine and once finished my audio controller had a problem and the pc would not play any sound.

I have had to reinstall the SiS 7012 driver which did work. However now everytime i update with windows update and restart my computer it seems to completely clear all the drivers and tells me there is no sound card installed. However if i complete a system restore everything is back to normal, however the updates are no longer there.

Does anyone have any ideas?

System details are as follows

Motherboard NEC computers international SiS 651 chipset 645dx

the computer is a packard bell pentium 4

RAM 512

OS XP Home SP 1

Any other info you may need please let me know

birdface 17:08 23 Dec 06

Cant help you with your present problem, But I know Microsoft has been downloading the wrong up-dates,When it used to do it to my sons computer, I Had to go into Device Manager and change the driver to previous driver, Then it would work no problem,It would cause a conflict between Graphics + Sound, Dont know why this happens with Microsoft but it is time they sorted it out,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…