Single sided versus Double sided DDR RAM

siouxah1 10:31 04 Mar 04

I have a manual for mobo that states-

"Double sided DDR DIMMS with x16(Data bus=16bit)memory chips are not supported due to chipset limitation."

Could some kind person explain, or point me in the right direction to information, that explains single/ double sided ram is and how to recognise it.

I have searched but cannot find a satisfactory answer.

Brian j

Stuartli 13:25 04 Mar 04
  siouxah1 14:13 04 Mar 04

Thanks for that Stuartli,

Have had a look.

I have come across this before on the 845PE chip-set which limited the memory configuration.

I am presently looking at the 865PE chip-set and the memory setup. It only supports single sided memory. But also supports Dual in-line (ASUS).

I have of course looked on the crucial web site and they recommend memory with 64Mx64 which is what I have to setup on the 865PE chip-set board. (PC3200).

I cannot see anywhere in all that I have read that states single or double sided, and I am finding it difficult to wrap my tiny brain around the setup of the chips on the PCB.

I suspect that I will have to do a short course in memory chip building.(Oh dear -- with my brain???)

Regards Brian j

siouxah1 18:23 04 Mar 04

>>

siouxah1 16:16 05 Mar 04

one last try!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…