Single copy of XP - how many computers?

dracsville 16:46 13 Jul 07

Is it against the regs to have XP installed on more than one computer in a private household..?

brundle 16:51 13 Jul 07

Only if you are using the same CD and license key for each one.

skidzy 17:01 13 Jul 07

" Single copy of XP - how many computers? "

Just the one computer.

Totally-braindead 17:47 13 Jul 07

One, if you install it on a second PC using the same serial number it will fail validation because the serial number is already being used.

birdface 01:32 14 Jul 07

I may have this wrong,But I am sure someone will tell me, But as far as I know you are allowed one Desktop and One laptop to run with one Windows XP product.

Strawballs 06:01 14 Jul 07

One XP Licence one machine

Simsy 06:45 14 Jul 07

I think you'll find that what you say is OK for "Office", or any of it's components, Word, Excel, etc, but not the operating system.

Regards,

Simsy

Buteman.i also heard about that rumor or is it ?kind regards akanic

birdface 07:58 14 Jul 07

Sorry I may have got it wrong.I may have been thinking of something else,Like Anti-Virus or something like that.So ignore my last post.Getting a bit senile in my old age.

dracsville 09:49 14 Jul 07

Ok! ok! so I won't try it..! lol... thanks guys.

bjh 11:25 14 Jul 07

It is, indeed, varieties of Office that this applies to. The concept behind this is that you are only using one copy of office at any one time, whereas the OS is used by the computer "all the time" in order to work. Conceptually, it does make some sense.

Student & teacher Office can be installed on up to 3 machines, I believe.

With the XP operating system, if you only have one code, you can only install it on one machine.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…