sims - on xp

alan2k1 15:09 10 May 03

hi i am having problems getting the sims to work on xp, i have tried to install it on 2 different xp machines with the same result...once loaded and you click to run the game i get an error message.
i read about compatibilty mode but how do you get this to work ??

many thanks

alan

powerless 15:14 10 May 03

Go to the game icon and right click it. Now choose Properties and click the compatibility tab at the top. Now in the "Run this game in compatibilty mode for" check the box and choose Windows 98.

Happy1 15:21 10 May 03

I also want the answer to this one. I bought the game and a couple of add ons when had 98se. Now use XP. If you try Powerless's answer which sounds good let us know then I will load my game on new pc.

alan2k1 15:31 10 May 03

sorry but running it in compatibility mode does not help

any other ideas ?

thanks powerless

jediknight007 15:31 10 May 03

Trust me everyone, it works on Windows XP because I have it and all the expansion packs. I didn't have any problems when I installed and tried to play it. Didn't need to set any compatibilty modes or anything.

alan2k1 15:39 10 May 03

i installed it on a friends xp machine and it worked fine. mine is a duron 900 his is a duron 1100 and the motherboards are different

Happy1 15:40 10 May 03

Thanks for that will now load on. Been missing my weekly fix.(sad life I lead).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…