Sims PC Game alters Internet Settings

Gothdj 21:06 11 Dec 05

Has anyone come across the following?

Every time my daughter has played the Sims 2 PC Game, the next time I try and connect to the internet (56k modem dial-up) I have to change the internet connection settings back from "Never dial a connection" to "Dial whenever a connection is not present".

My preferred setting is "Dial whenever connection not present" but the use of the Sims game seems to always change it to "Never dial a connection".

No other program causes this to happen.

Not a major issue, just irritating - just wondered if anyone else has this problem.

I am a Windows XP user. Thanks.

I have not yet played the Sims, but I would recommend searching the options in the Sim2 application. If there are no options there to stop Sims 2 editing your internet connection settings, then there is really no other solution than to stop your daughter playing the game.
Does The Sims 2 sometimes open internet explorer or another web browser?

Devil Fish 06:32 12 Dec 05

the sims to does have an option to connect to ea for content while your playing the game this may warrent further investigation

Devil Fish 06:33 12 Dec 05

sims 2 even

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…