- The Sims On PC - Discs Scratched - Big Problem

$ix 20:52 05 Jun 06

I Bought The Sims Triple Deluxe And Hot Date about a year ago and after getting bored of it i lent it to my cousin, and a few weeks ago i felt like playing it, so after getting back from my cousin who takes no responsibily for it, ALL of the discs are scratched and dirty.

i am unable to install them because i get errors that the disc is unreadable.

I DECIDED TO DOWNLOAD THE SIMS THAT I PURCHASED, AND AFTER OBTAINING THEM, I UNPACKED ALL FILES, AND RAN THE SIMS, WORKED FINE!

THEN I INSTALLED LIVIN' IT UP, WHICH GOES IN A SEPERATE FOLDER, AND WHEN I RUN THE SIMS IT DOESNT RECOGNISE FURNITURE OR ANYTHING FROM LIVIN IT UP. WHY?

THIS THEN HAPPENED FOR ALL 5 THEM, I COULD ONLY CHOOSE TO PLAY EACH VERSION, BUT WHEN I INSTALLED THEM FROM CD BEFORE, THEY WERE COMBINED?

I HAVE TRIED E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G AND I HAVE NO ALTERNATIVE BUT TO CALL FOR HELP FROM THE SITE THAT HAS HELPED ME MOST.

Thanks In Advanced ;)

Diodorus Siculus 20:58 05 Jun 06

Try to copy the disks; I find that Nero is good for copying damaged disks.

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:26 05 Jun 06

There is a liquid you can apply that might just make it readable enough to create a backup if it will not work as it is, depends on how badly its been rogered.

gudgulf 22:41 05 Jun 06

If you have used downloaded versions to replace your original discs then it is possible they are not all the same version....you might for example have a mix of uk and multilanguage versions which are not fully compatible.

Just a thought.

If cleaning and using a restoring fluid as suggested by Hertz Van Rentyl doesn't let you install from the original cds then you are going to have to to one of two things........bite the bullet and replace the originals (with a mental note NEVER to lend to your cousin again) or return to the web and try to find compatible versions.

$ix 05:58 06 Jun 06

eBay Seems To Have Cheap Games, Il Give That Ago.

Thanks Anyway Guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…