Sims deluxe edition problem

Eargasm 22:55 16 Feb 04

Hi all
running windows xp home,had the sims installed and working fine since christmas,however today when inserting disk it will not load ,cd drive lights up and spins but eventually i have to eject.message box pops up "there is no disk in the drive" cancel,try again,continue.no matter which option i click i cannot get rid of this message box,eventually after numerous clicking another box pops up "start.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close"when i click close the previous box appears,my only option then is to swich pc off.I have since deleted the program using add/remove programs but when i reinstall it stops at 24% when i open task manager it shows cpu usage at 100%.
Can anyone help me with this problem,and also is it possible to install software in safe mode?

Rhuddlan 22:58 16 Feb 04

A friend has the exact same problem, with the delexue edition, have never seen this happen with any type of game before, anyone help us???

gudgulf 04:05 17 Feb 04

If your cd drive can read and open other discs without problem then it must be a problem with the Sims cd.Have you another drive you can try the disc in?

You will not be able to install in safe mode as windows wont load the cd rom drivers.

gudgulf 04:13 17 Feb 04

Hmmmm,let me think now------Give the cd a good clean--then try to copy the files from the cd into a new folder on your "c" drive using explorer.if you can do this you should be able to run set-up from there(in safe mode if you want)

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:19 17 Feb 04

click here better off posting here.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…