Sims 2 problem with Dell PC

freddy-firecracker 13:34 12 Dec 05

Hi

I have a friend who has a fairly decent spec dell pc bought through the HCI. He has tried installing two different copies of the SIMS 2 without success. It seems that it gets as far as disk 4 then stops installing any further. The graphics card doesn't seem to be a prob as he has Battle for middle earth installed also.

Any advice would be helpful

Thanks

FF

Mark5001 13:44 12 Dec 05

I have tried four copies of this infernal game and it won't install either, yet my nephews PC takes it no problem. I have been informed it is because of a sound driver problem?????? Makes no sense though.Apart from him having a P4 500 and I have an Athlon XP 3200 we have the same sound & Graphics cards.Also I found this on Actiontrip site.
Here's what Actiontrip had to say:

Sims 2 Blocked by CD Copying Software
HA! You gotta love EA, man! The company says The Sims 2 will refuse to run if you have Nero, CloneCD or Roxio's EasyCD installed on the same PC. They offer a patch to bypass this , but that really doesn't help their rep any.

I'm pretty sure though I have Nero on the same PC that I played The Sims 2 on. Go figure. Maybe The Sims 2 can spot if you're using Nero for "good" or for "evil." Maybe it can tell superheroes from supervillains?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5