Sims 2 PC CDROM Game & Nero Compatiblity ?

Giggle n' Bits 21:08 13 Apr 05

I am thinking of buying this game but a friend mentioned they had problems and know of problems running this Sims 2 CDROM Game on XP with SP2 and especially using Nero as the CD Wrtr software.

Can anyone tell me which if any version of Nero has been updated to fix the known bug so Sims 2 will work. Something to do with Virtual Drive ?

Kids giving me grief.

BBez 22:13 13 Apr 05

Sims 2 Blocked by CD Copying / Emulation Software. You gotta love EA! The company says The Sims 2 will refuse to run if you have Nero, CloneCD or Roxio's EasyCD installed on the same PC.

They offer a patch to bypass this (how gracious of them), but that really doesn't help their rep any...

If you have clone cd you need to untick the Hide CDR media and it should work.

If you have nero 6 and have installed the image drive which is a virtual drive you need to disable that. You will know if you have the virtual drive as there will be other letters besides the removable drives you have.

Nero 6 will not automatically install the image drive you need to do this manually.

If you want to disable it you can do so by
Go to ┬┤Start --> All Programs --> Nero --> Nero 6 --> Nero ImageDrive┬┤ and when the Nero ImageDrive utility launches select 'Disable Nero ImageDrive' from the bottom left of the window.

Giggle n' Bits 00:46 14 Apr 05

I found you copy & paste from another forum. Thing is have you actually come accros the problem yourself or heard of it like you have found in forum x ? Does the virtual drive fix really work ?

Tried looking on Ahead nero site but no mention there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…