simpsons hit and run game loading problems

ballylongford 16:26 21 Jan 08

I have tried to installl simpson hit and run game which was going well until I was asked if I wanted to install directX, I foolishly said no. I have subsequently installed directX, but the game will not now install at all. What can I do ?

The game is quite old and my pc has vista could this be a possible problem

Please help as I have a disappointed 7 year old daughter !

bstb3 16:35 21 Jan 08

Cant comment if Vista is the issue, but I had a similar problem with one of my sons games (forget which one). We resolved it by removing any reference to the game on the PC using both Add and Remove programs, and also the uninstall option on the game disc. We then had the option to reinstall the game.

I believe the software had partly installed, to the point where it did not think it needed to install further, but not enough to run the game.

Hope this helps you and your daughter.

Bstb3

bstb3 16:38 21 Jan 08

did you install DirectX Version 10 or 9? The game likely looks for version 9, it could be that it doesnt 'see' version 10 if that is what is installed (albeit you would hope 10 would be backwards compatible).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…