Simply Computers Email - Virus?

PA28 22:16 01 Apr 05

Received an email today from "Simply Computers Litigation Department" - subject "Final warning before commencement of legal action". As I have had no dealings ever with Simply Computers, and don't believe that they would send out anything such as this by email, I resisted the temptation to open and Simply (sorry, couldn't resist it!) deleted it.

A search reveals no mentions on this site - out of curiousity does anyone know if this is an April 1st prank or a possible virus?

stalion 22:25 01 Apr 05

always wise to delete emails you are not familiar with many contain spyware,viruses or trojans.Also this lets you check your emails on the server
click here

stalion 22:25 01 Apr 05

always wise to delete emails you are not familiar with many contain spyware,viruses or trojans.Also this lets you check your emails on the server
click here

stalion 22:26 01 Apr 05

no apologies for double posting first one did not register as a reply

p;3 04:31 02 Apr 05

its probably spam mail; I"m getting some quite ridiculous but "inviting" things; rule is "if in dougt, chuck it out", sorely tempted though I am to see the offers for expanding manhood, the mortgage loan that I never asked for being accepted , the shipment of something worthwhile is about to arrive:)

rawprawn 08:18 02 Apr 05

I boght my DVD RW from Simply Computers, they seem to be a very good straight forward company and not the sort of people to send anything malicious. It may be worth while just contacting them at click here or tele 08707274020 to make sure that there hasn't been a slip up in admin, it would not be good if someone has bought something in your name.

p;3 08:47 02 Apr 05

I would have thought that a letter would have been sent and not an e mail? but phoning the company to clarify cannot harm, :)

be interesting to know the outcome on this one please:)

p;3 11:04 06 Apr 05

any news on this one:(

PA28 14:48 08 Apr 05

Thanks for the tip to ring Simply/Misco. I did this and found that this was genuine - it transpires that an order that I placed last October and which was delivered last November was not debited by Simply to my credit card - their fault, not mine. I didn't pick it up at the time as I work on matching charges on my account to items received - not the other way around. I have now given them authority to charge my card at this time and expressed my concerns at the way this had been managed. Needless to say I didn't give them full details of my card as they should have had this already (they had) and the matter has now been resolved. It seems a very strange way way to conduct business, but I'm glad I took your tip to contact them - thanks.

PA28 14:50 08 Apr 05

Likewise - thanks for the tip.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…