Simple way to post clicks?

Wilham 14:10 22 Feb 05

When I post a 'click here' link in a thread I do it with Edit, copy address, and paste. If longish I go via click here which helpfully autochanges paste ready for use.

To prepare a posting I like to have the link ready,- but if there is more than one it means I scratch around after the first to setup the next.

Is there a good way to store such 'click here' pastings beforehand? I could try the Favorites list, though mine is already overloaded and ought to be in divisions.

Like to hear ideas and/or any advice.

Thanks, W

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:18 22 Feb 05

paste the links into a notepad / doc file

vitrocmax 14:20 22 Feb 05

I don't often post multiple clicks but I usually open a notepad file and write my post in there, then copy and paste the whole thing. You could copy and paste clicks to a notepad file and do the same.

I do that because our IE settings at work require us to log in after a period of inactivity, so I would lose a post if I clicked on 'post response' after 10 minutes of writing. (If I'm at work my post could easily take that long)

Wilham 14:26 22 Feb 05

Fruit Bat /\0/\, vitrocmax...Thanks, I'll try it.

Wilham 14:40 22 Feb 05

Fruit Bat /\0/\, vitrocmax..

Above pasted via notepad. Fine!

I'll tick resolved. That was quick.
Thank you. W

octal 15:06 22 Feb 05

Are using Firefox? The reason I ask there's an extension you can add that makes a tiny URL that copies an address to the clipboard with two clicks.

gedr 16:03 22 Feb 05

Wilham,
As this is your thread, if I use edit/copy/paste sometimes I get
'click here' and another time it will appear as a URL
any idea why?

gedr.

Wilham 18:54 22 Feb 05

gedr. That's where my TinyURL link comes in. If you either have an error or the link address is simply too long for our PCA forum s/w, - you end up pasting what you copied and not 'click here'.

TinyURL helps avoid this error by accepting v long addresses.

Wilham 19:00 22 Feb 05

octal. I haven't used Firefox but your suggestion may be a good reason to take it up. Great,... and thanks!

gedr 19:50 22 Feb 05

Thanks Wilham, that's what I needed to know.

gedr.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…