Simple remote control of a PC

Hi
I would like to be able to Boot and shut down my PC remotely from anywhere in my house at will. A simple wireless RF control would be ideal. Does anyone know of a simple reliable device which can do these two tasks?

dogbreath1 21:57 27 Jun 05

click here= for some ideas, but they all seem to involve a second pc. However, I can access My Music and My Pictures folders etc. using a Linksys wireless media adaptor. This, for example, allows me to play first floor pc based mp3 files on a ground floor hifi using a ground floor tv as a control monitor. The Linksys came with the software to facilitate this. So it must be possible to effect other pc functions subject to having the appropriate program.

DieSse 00:34 28 Jun 05

This claims to do what you want

click here

DieSse 01:06 28 Jun 05

If you marry it with something like this !

click here

Thanks for the suggestions folks. DieSse you are closest to my requirements. Its a pity that the two items needed are separates. The electrical input on the item from the States poses a problem but I will investigate further. Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…