Simple Question - hopefully simple answer!

flypast 17:03 12 Feb 03

The clock on my PC loses time, I have gathered from other discussions that the answer is to change the battery on the Main board.
As a user and not a computer techy - will the removal of this existing battery destroy all the settings on my board (obviously I will take all anti-static precautions.
Thank you in anticipation of a postive answer and a hassle free change of this battery.
The board by the way is a K7VZA made by "AMR"

Sir Radfordin™ 17:07 12 Feb 03

Yes you will loose the settings in the BIOS this shouldn't be a problem. May be a good idea to write them all down first.

A better title to the thread would've made getting an answer even simpler!

tammy11 17:07 12 Feb 03

hi there flypast,
the answer is no,you can replace the mobo battery without loosing any data,apart from the time and date.

flypast 17:24 12 Feb 03

Sorry to be a pain, but as a non-techy, these answers seem to contidict each other, or am I reading them incorrectly.

medicine hat 17:30 12 Feb 03

Belt and braces - note the bios settings. Its not a problem to revert them back should they be lost when changing the battery

powerless 17:33 12 Feb 03

Generally you will lose all the settings.

Take a note of all the settings...

Replace the battery...

Compare settings...

Change accordingly.

woodchip 17:34 12 Feb 03

You will lose everything and it will revert to default settings. If you want a small program to save your cmos settings just E-Mail me little yellow envelope by nickname

Sir Radfordin™ 17:35 12 Feb 03

You will loose all the settings.

Your BIOS will have default settings which will enable the PC to boot.

These may not work. Best to know what they should be if they don't.

flypast 17:42 12 Feb 03

Thank you all for the advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…