Simple Question?

L plate marky 22:23 11 Jan 04

Anyone know how I check the date in /of my bios?

read it during start-up, it will display the version number.

VoG II 22:32 11 Jan 04

click here under "mainboard"

woodchip 22:33 11 Jan 04

When comp boots up look at the text and numbers bottom left corner also think top left for version

josie mayhem 22:36 11 Jan 04

Bios screens can be reached at boot up, when you boot up, you need to press either f9,f8 or delete to enter set-up, and then you can move about the set-up screens to find your bois info.

P.S

it would be easier if you could give more details of your system, as this would help with what buttom to press at boot-up. I.E, mine I press delete to enter set-up having a Asus motherboard, but my old compaq used I think f9, hopefully your manaual should tell you.

Hope this helps

L plate marky 22:45 11 Jan 04

It's windows xp, with aol isp

L plate marky 22:46 11 Jan 04

sorry I think I should have said Dell motherboard

VoG II 22:47 11 Jan 04

VoG invisible again?

L plate marky 22:56 11 Jan 04

Apologies for that. Won't happen again. I can press F8 buring boot up to bring up another menu, but I'm afraid I'm out of my depth. I want to check my bios date in relation to a warning box that pops up re. security certificates (telling me they are out of date or not yet started). The warning is incorrect as the site certificates are OK. Any ideas?

VoG II 22:59 11 Jan 04

If you run the Belarc advisor (my "click here") it will tell you.

L plate marky 23:25 11 Jan 04

I did that and it tells me that the bios started on May 2003. I presume its OK so I'm back to square one as to why I get a false security certificate message.

Thanks for the tip about that free site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…