Simple Pleasures in Life -Word

Marios 20:10 18 May 04

i am using Word. On the first page of my document (only done a title page)i click format, borders and shading to insert a border around the text going aroung the edges of the whole page. it works but it does not enclose the whole page as at the bottom a border does not appear!
Can you suggest anything?

Windows ME

Thank you, Marios

Chris the Ancient 20:20 18 May 04

When you apply the borders, call the format menu, choose borders and shading and the box that pops up should have multiple tabs across the top.

Choose the one that says 'page' and away you go!

Chris the Ancient 20:21 18 May 04

Just re-read the thread!

I shall stand in the corner facing the wall!

Chris the Ancient 20:21 18 May 04

Just re-read the thread!

I shall stand in the corner facing the wall!

Graham ® 20:24 18 May 04

You may have to scroll to see the bottom.

Taff36 09:30 19 May 04

This is to do with the printable area for your printer. You need to alter the border size at the bottom of the box. Try this:

Format>Borders & Shading>Page Border> In setting click the Box option (Or another to give you the style) Set the Style, colour & width options. Then in the "Apply to" drop down box select for example "First Page Only". Now select OPTIONS and increase the bottom border. (Note this is in point size - not mm!) The "measure from" drop down option should be "Edge of Page"

I've had this prob. as Taff says it is to do with printer- I usually play around with margin left at bottom of page until the bottom line comes in!

Taff36 09:56 19 May 04

Yes that works too but you are stuck with different margins on different pages. It may be the only option though if my suggestion fails!

spanneress 09:59 19 May 04

Aha...tis to do with your footer and header margins!

The footer margin which is set by default needs to be adjusted, which is what is preventing the bottom margin from appearing. If my memory serves me correctly this can be done in page set up but I will check if needs be.

Taff36 11:42 19 May 04

That`s why I put from "edge of page" because it ignores the footer size which is as you say set by default. You can alter the footer margin from page set up but in my scenario it makes no difference. (It may do if the measure from box is set to text) Lets see what Marios comes back with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…