SIMPLE OR IS IT ???????

blackpat 08:23 25 Jan 06

I want to use the calender in microsoft works. I would also like the icon on my menu bar. When I left click and try to drag it to then menu bar, nothing happens. My partner who has her own puter is able to do it, so !! Why can't I?? or is there another way I can get it on my menu bar.
Thanks, Blackpat

john-232317 10:21 25 Jan 06

Have you tried putting a shortcut for it onto the desktop and dragging it from there ?

woodchip 10:34 25 Jan 06

If you mean the quick start bar, is it locked?

WhiteTruckMan 11:17 25 Jan 06

Try right click and drag instead of left click

WTM

blackpat 05:46 26 Jan 06

Dadyassa, I thought of that, but when I right or left click it doesn't show how to create a shortcut for desktop.

Woodchip,I mean the menu bar at the bottom of the screen that shows the icons.I can move them around in to different positions. How can I tell if it is locked and what do I do to unlock it?

WTM.I tried that but it doesn't work.

I appreciate your help guys,
Blackpat.

rawprawn 08:00 26 Jan 06

Put your mouse pointer on the bar at the bottom right click and then click unlock taskbar in the context menu which will appear. Then right click on the icon you want and drag it onto the left hand side of the tasbar release it in the posion you want then reverse the procedure to lock the task bar.

blackpat 06:04 27 Jan 06

Hi Rawprawn, I did as you said and right clicked on the bottom bar and indeed the lock the taskbar was checked, so I unchecked it, then clicked start, all programs, microsoft works and then microsoft works calender. I tried right and left clicking the icon to try and drag it to the bottom menu bar to no avail. I also opened the calender and tried from the icon there, but still no luck. Many thanks,
Blackpat.

exdragon 07:44 27 Jan 06

If you go into Start, All Programmes then find Calendar and right click it, is there a Send To option? If there is, then choose Desktop (create shortcut), then you should be able to drag it from the desktop to the quick start bar at the bottom.

john-232317 14:02 27 Jan 06

Second post ?

rsinbad 14:29 27 Jan 06

r/click on start select properties then select taskbar tab, tick show quick launch, you should be able to drag and drop your shortcut.

blackpat 16:56 27 Jan 06

exmpdragon, nothing happens when I right click on calender, when I left click it just opens it.

rsinbad,I did what you said and show quick launch was already ticked, but I haven't got a short cut of the calender.
I appreciate your help guys,
Blackpat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…