Simple key board ?, lost the zero

wallbash 17:07 13 May 04

Brand new computer, trying to reg, the win home xp OS. but the keyboard wont produce the zero (number). swoped the brand new keyboard with a second brand new one. same problem. On was ps2 and one usb. Think also not working on letters, ie the ASDF, but on others.Cannot not get futher until I reg.
But I can use other numbers, only not the 0

TIA

Diemmess 18:13 13 May 04

Having tried two keyboards plus USB versus PS2 then I think you qualify for a spot of help from your vendor. .........The fault must be at the grunt command level, but then I'm only guessing.

wallbash 18:22 13 May 04

Will close this thread before i die of shame,
Microsoft reg code (I think ) does not require zero's. So when trying to include the wrong number, rejection set in.
In defence the number i tried to install came with computer but was a long manufacture number!!! When i went thru the cardboard boxs, found genuine number, No zero's and No problems.

Will now go to the bottem of the garden and eat worms.

Diemmess 18:32 14 May 04

Thanks for your feedback, that is why I join in the fun on this Forum....... Its amazing the breadth of useful knowledge shown, and it just rounds things up nicely to find an unexpected answer.

wallbash 19:07 14 May 04

Known for getting the wrong end of the stick.
Its always the simple things that foul you up..

Some time ago, started a thread about Mesh and sound Drivers, mega respose, but the main problem was that I had not Known that the on-board sound was with the addition of a seperate sound card. Checked that the green speaker plug went into green hole (but not the correct green hole)

Felt a right idiot!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…