Simple but irritating problem

OK Computer 07:56 08 Apr 04

I tried posting this on the Web Design problem but I'm beginning to think its a much more basic technical problem. Can anyone help??

I was wondering if somebody could help. I’m having a very strange problem!!!
I have created a website in Dreamweaver MX. Nothing complicated, use a couple of frames and a few “flash buttons”.

When I preview the site in any other computer than my own it works fine, with the flash buttons connecting to the pages I have specified.

When I preview it from my own PC I get the standard IE error message:

"The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."

I am running Internet Explorer Version 6 SP1. I’m running Windows XP Pro. I have reinstalled IE. Installed the latest shockwave and flash player but to no avail.

It works on other PC’s running varying OS’s and various versions of IE and consequently various versions of flash player.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Dreamweaver. No joy at all!!

Any ideas at all??? This is driving me mad!

User-312386 08:26 08 Apr 04

i had the same problem a couple of weeks ago and linked it to office updates.

I also used XPSP2 which could have caused the problem, are you a BETA tester for M$ by any chance?

I used to drive image to go back to SP1 and have had no problems since

OK Computer 09:14 08 Apr 04

No only running SP1, although I have heard that the problem could related to Windows Updates (whats strange is I have no updates apart from those that come with SP1). I may try downloading all updates and see if it makes a difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…