Simple Form Problem - I Think

Binoboy 00:32 12 Aug 03

Hi,

Basically I've got a form with 13 fields and I want to know how to code my submit button to send the information to my email address. Ideally I would also like a message box appearing saying the info has been sent.

Taran 03:51 12 Aug 03

Much depends on how you are making your form.

Are you using Dreamweaver, FrontPage, NetObjects Fusion or any one of a host of other web editing programs. Although the principles of forms are common through most programs some handle them better than others while some, like FrontPage, make forms an absolute doddle - provided of course that your web host provides FrontPage server extensions.

Post back with more detail and one of us will walk you though it.

Regards

Taran

Binoboy 14:06 12 Aug 03

I'm using WebExpress 2.0.

Thanks

Binoboy 13:38 13 Aug 03

Can no-one help? :(

jaysmoke 15:29 13 Aug 03

generally the best option would be to give manes to all your fields...i.e
<input type=blah size=blah name=blah maxlength=blah>
<input type=blah size=blah name=blah2 maxlength=blah>
and then depending no what host you use you can determine how to send your information maybe using the post method or the get method...also if they accept cgi or not

jaysmoke 15:33 13 Aug 03

if they do you can always get all the cgi you need from Matts Scripts click here
Good luck

oliverdore 18:11 13 Aug 03

Matts form script is good, but my webspace provider deleted mine sometime ago (which made me laugh!), since older versions of the script had a security flaw which meant spam could be sent through by spoofing the providers servers. The flaw has since been fixed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…