Simple crossover network on non xp PC's

Nessie 19:20 08 Sep 04

I have set up a simple crossover network on an xp pro to xp pro pc's. A friend has asked me to set up a crossover network on her 2 pc's. I know one has ME as OS but not sure about the other one yet. Is it possible to instal the xp wizard and use that or will I actually have to go into the properties and set it up. Any help would be great for a network novice. Thanks Nessie

howard60 19:52 08 Sep 04

as long as the other pc has win98 2nd. edition or later it should not be a problem. Prior to xp I had a network running with a crossover cable and 1 pc on me and 1 on 98-2nd. What I did was using network properties set the ip addresses manually. There are various progs - some free [found using google] that allow internet connection sharing.

britto 09:09 09 Sep 04

On the ME machine go to, start/ programs /accessories/communications there is a networking wizard availible

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…