Simple copy of hard drive contents

chriscross72 18:23 22 Aug 04

My hard drive is making the occasional strange noise...... I would therefore like to copy all of my files to DVD in case it fails..I have only about 4GB on the hard drive.....is there a SIMPLE way to do this as every so called back up utility seems like gobbldygook to me I just want to make a simple copy of everything on my hard drive....pictures, music, programmes etc........and it needs to be as simple as possible because i am a computer moron........ha ha
Oh and a freeware programme would be nice too. : ))

Thank you !!

Wuggy 19:32 22 Aug 04

If you check out PC Advisor edition 104 (Spring 2004) you'll find a free version of Acronis True Image Deluxe. You have to log into the website given in the magazine to get a serial number. Once installed you should be able to make an image of your drive to another drive or partition (if you have one) or direct to CDR. The image is created under Windows and gives you the option to create bootable floppies(3). Once image created and saved change over your HDD, insert boot floppies, follow prompts and navigate to cd drive and then restore image. It should take about 10 mins maximum with a 4GB HDD. First class program. If you don;t have that magazine and cover disk I think you should be able to download a trial version from Acronis web site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5