Simple CD Cover Jewel Case Creation

kwil2 04:36 01 Aug 09

Hi..
I'm rather tired of the fussiness of software claiming to create Label/Case/Inlay for CD/DVD.
I want to create a simple standard size Jewel Case printout.
Here's what I'd like to be able to do:
1) Load a CD I've created, already containing: track number/name/duration
2) Create/employ a default template of black text/white background/cut-out lines
3) Import above tracks + info EXACTLY to this template
4) Print out the above, cut & place in case

I've setup a template in Word but just can’t find any way of importing as at 3) above .
Consequently, you have to type in all that info...too much trouble if you're dealing with lots of CD's!

Anyone know of software (preferably free) that will perform this 'simple' task?

Many thanks

mooly 08:56 01 Aug 09

Erm... not sure if this is the same.
I set up 3 templates in works 8 word processor, CD fronts, rears and booklet printing.
Just select the appropriate template and "insert image" from where ever... picture, text, scanned image etc and it fit's into place. If the image was under size just select "format" and type the sizes in eg 151 by 118 mm and it resizes exactly.
When it's printed out you can turn the paper over and print out the reverse side exactly overlaying the front image.
Made these notes at the time,

For standard jewel cases use following;
Front cover is 121mm * 121mm
Rear insert is 151mm * 118mm (5 by 7 crop is very close) To set page for printing on both sides use page setup as follows;
Fronts) Top 5mm (Rears) Top 5mm
Bottom 5mm Bottom 5mm
Left 45mm Left 29mm
Right 45mm Right 29mm
Header 5mm Headers 5mm
Footer 5mm Footer 5mm
Remember to set paper as A4, portrait mode. Use super glossy as paper type for reverse printing as bleed through is less.

mooly 08:58 01 Aug 09

Hope that makes sense, the formattings been lost.
Numbers in left column for setting up template for CD fronts, ones on right for CD rear covers.

Roadgiant 09:11 01 Aug 09

Have you tried Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker from here :- click here I have been successfully using it for several years, there's a free trial version so you don't have to buy it and then find it's not what you wanted.

john bunyan 09:52 01 Aug 09

If you have iTunes, and burn an audio disc from it, there is a jewel case option in the print option that lists songs and artists. (Free)

Belatucadrus 11:00 01 Aug 09

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…