Simple card/poster making programme for children

skew 00:12 12 Jan 07

Hi There

Some years ago I had a simple card /poster making programme for young children. I think it might have been a Microsoft one. It installed from a floppy. The user could change fonts, distort text, colour images etc. and print the results. It was great fun.

Now having grandchildren who are old enough to use such a programme, it has gone the way of all floppies.

Can anybody recall its name, and is it still available?

Many thanks

Alex

Ho-Lin-Sok 01:30 12 Jan 07

This should be good, you can download the templates afterwards as well for posters and banners etc.
click here

€dstowe 08:14 12 Jan 07

Don't underestimate how good even small children can be in using software.

In my view, buying "toy" software is not a good investment. It will be limited in what it can do and the child may then become frustrated with it.

I have two nieces who have been playing about with PSP and Photoshop for a long time now and, I'm quite embarrassed to admit that, they taught me a few tricks on Photoshop which I now use regularly. The younger one was five when she showed me.

Ho-Lin-Sok's link should provide some good software for your needs.

skew 19:49 12 Jan 07

Thank you Ho-Lin-Sok and Edstowe (sorry no euro symbol on keyboard down here in New Zealand) for your prompt and useful replies.

I don't underestimate the children"s abilities, they constantly amaze me.Their dexterity and speed of comprehension leaves me well behind.

The programme I asked about was definately a Microsoft one (wife's confirmation), and had things to amuse children in it. A bit better than a toybut I take your point Edstowe.

Will say this is resolved and try the children on Photoshop etc.

Thanks again
Alex

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5