Simon & Garfunkel

Macaonasa 00:59 20 Jan 04

I've just moved up to XP from ME after formatting. My Simon & Garfunkel Live at Central Park DVD, which played successfully via PowerDVD 5 under ME, won't play under ME. Other DVDs play okay.

The S & G plays okay in my DVD player.

My dive is the Samsung DVD-Rom SD-612 and the S & G disk is All Regions.

Any Ideas?

89vhassan 01:04 20 Jan 04

i had this problem as well for some reason some perfectly good dvd won't play on xp even if you use a diffrent dvd software i sorted this problem out by re-installing windows xp again i don't know why it does that

pc moron 02:43 20 Jan 04

Have you tried the patches here click here

ventanas 07:57 20 Jan 04

Same thing, couldn't read any dvd's after moving to XP. I just changed the drive. They are cheap enough now.

Macaonasa 08:32 20 Jan 04

Tried the patches - no joy

pc moron 18:01 20 Jan 04

Firmware update? click here

Macaonasa 08:07 21 Jan 04

Thanks pc moron.

My drive is listed in the Device Manager as 612. I've e-mailed Samsung to see if I need the b, f or s version.

Macaonasa 08:30 21 Jan 04

Samsung have written back already - the fastest corporate response ever (not an automated reply - they misspelled my name).

They told me to contact Dell instead - Dell don't have it. I think it would be more sensible to buy a new drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…