the simms 2

shuggee 02:05 23 Sep 04

I have a computer with Windows XP Home, 1.7 AMD Athlon processor, 1Gb RAM and a Radeon 9200 SE graphigs card.

Every time I play the Sims 2 it crashes after a short while.

Can anyone tell me why this is happenning?

Thanks

shuggee

Diodorus Siculus 08:30 23 Sep 04

Do you get any error messages?

Urotsukidoji 09:19 23 Sep 04

1 graphics drivers from click here
2 latest directx from click here
3 patches available??

wednesday 13 12:33 23 Sep 04

Try re-installing it

shuggee 19:21 23 Sep 04

Thanks for the replies.

I have updated the graphics drivers, I have DirectX 9.0c and i have tried re-installing the game. Sadly, none of these things helped.

The only error message I've had said that the program had crashed and the application was closing. This appeared as I was Pressing the start button on the computer to close it down. Usually, the music either stops or hits the same note repeatedly. The only thing I am able to do then is close the machine down by pressing the on/off button for the required five seconds.

I'd be grateful for any further suggestions.

Thanks again

shuggee

shuggee 03:02 24 Sep 04

I think I've got it sorted. It seems to have been the swap file. I had it set to no page file, thinking, foolishly, I now realise, that Windows would set it at the 2Mb minimum it says it must have. I have reset the thing and everything seems to be fine now.

Thanks again for the responses

shuggee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…