Sim City 3000

faichfolds 00:08 08 Feb 03

I've come to reinstall my copy, but I've lost the case which has the serial no.
Can anyone help

Pilch.... 00:12 08 Feb 03

well there are ways of finding the serial for games like these....

is it format then re-install because if so you may be in troule. But if it is just just fresh re-install when you have got rid of it before, you may be able to go to the registry and find the serial you used before.

Let me know a bit more and i and many others could help!

faichfolds 00:15 08 Feb 03

Have just installed XP. Intended to be dual boot with 98SE but it didn't let me do another partition, so it will be a clean install onto XP

faichfolds 00:57 08 Feb 03

Pilch.... 09:09 08 Feb 03

sorry went to bedto get ready for work......

anyhow

on the CD there is probably a way of finding a serial number that will allow you to prove to EA that you own a legitimate copy. Then to ring up EA and say you have lost the serial can you please give me a new one!

faichfolds 14:20 08 Feb 03

I'll give them a ring thanks alot

faichfolds 20:19 10 Feb 03

Well blow me down I've just gone and found the darn box!
After going through the rigmarol of emailing EA a photo of the CD. Nevermind now I have a spare serial number!
BIG thanks to those who helped

Acid Burn7uk 22:57 10 Feb 03

Quick suggestion, write the CD-Key on bits of paper and hide them all over the house, If you loose the bits of paper it won't matter cos after a few weeks you will prob remember it! I had to do that with my CD-Key for win2k :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…