Silly saving

jtw 18:41 01 Nov 04

Help

My daughter has typed for over an hour and saved the word doc as an older version so all the new typing is not there. Any way you can retrieve earlier versions?

VoG II 18:50 01 Nov 04

If Word was set to save a backup file then it would be in the same folder and called "Backup of (name of document).doc

But I don't understand what she has done. Could you explain a bit more please?

georgemac 19:01 01 Nov 04

also go into the tools/options/save and set the save autorecover option to 5 minutes - I'vo got kids who do homework and have been in the same boat as you.

jtw 19:05 01 Nov 04

Having questioned my ex-daughter who seems to think it is my fault that she lost her work, I realize that she is not sure what she has done.
Looks like she turned the pc off without saving.
No way back?

jtw 19:07 01 Nov 04

Hello again. I just have a vague recollection about "temp" files. Am I dreaming?

VoG II 19:09 01 Nov 04

The only possibility is to re-open the document. If there is any recovery information, Word should display "(name of document) - RECOVERED" in the blue title bar. You could also search for fragments called $(name of document)

Otherwise, it is lost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…