A Silly Question about Unzipping.

spuds 22:49 29 May 04

I have a number of programmes that require unzipping, and I have forgotten the procedures. Can you please give advice. Could you also suggest a good [possibly free] unzipping download.

Thanks in anticipation.

VoG II 22:52 29 May 04

Windows XP will do this without any other program - just double-click.

There are free programs but I recommend WinZip click here - free trial.

tasslehoff burrfoot 22:54 29 May 04

If you're using xp this seems to have it's own facility to unzip, double clicking the file does it for me.

As for a free download, try 7-zip (I think click here) this is often touted as the best freebie.

HTH

Tas

BBez 23:01 29 May 04
  tasslehoff burrfoot 23:02 29 May 04

should have said -

Winzip is available on a free trial which is timelimited but you can just start over again infinitely (legally).

HTH

Tas

spuds 23:03 29 May 04

Thanks both for the prompt response. I have XP Home, and I tried the double click,and nothing seemed to happen. I thought that I had forgotten something due to fuzzy brain syndrome.Have to give it a few more tries!.

christmascracker 23:10 29 May 04

Try right click then extract all

spuds 11:28 30 May 04

I think my original problem was via my downloader programme 'Get Right 5.02'.

Tick as resolved, and see how we go.

Pesala 13:04 30 May 04

Please note the following:

You may try the evaluation version of WinZip 9.0 free of charge for a period of 21 days.

After the 21-day evaluation period, a license fee is required for continued use.

click here

7-zip is said to give the tightest compression by a good margin. IZarc (freeware) click here is also very efficient. PowerArchiver is a very similar interface to IZarc. click here for latest free version of PowerArchiver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…