A Silly Question...

PC Advice Sir 23:04 12 Feb 04

Dear all

Apologies for the silly nature of this question but....if I obtain a solution to a problem via this website, and I email the page of replies to another user, does that compromise my own security, because the page is still sent in its original entirety with the hyperlink to LOGOUT from my ID?

Do you get my meaning?, is it a valid question or am I being paranoid?

Paul

flecc 23:20 12 Feb 04

If a question needs an answer, it's valid Paul. I'm not certain but I don't think you would compromise yourself by doing this, and in any case, the risks involved are minimal. There's the question of the content of this site being copyright of course! Only joking, I don't think PCA would hunt you down for this.

Forum Editor 23:33 12 Feb 04

(all of it) is protected by our copyright, and mustn't be distributed or copied without our consent.

Having said that, flecc's right - we won't come knocking on your door if you pass on a solution to a friend, but don't email our pages to other people - copy and paste the appropriate text into your email, or into a Word doc or notepad file.

Better still, get your friend to register with us, then he/she can read the threads at source.

powerless 23:37 12 Feb 04

It must be nice having a few extra buttons on your screen FE I seen what you did there...But I won't say anything... ;-))

If they also register they can get faster help even faster than email.

PC Advice Sir 12:55 13 Feb 04

Thank you for the replies. I think the best option would be for the other party to register and get all the benefit of the PCA content.

Paul.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…