SIlly Query about MS Word

Siddhartha 17:15 19 Mar 06

I think I read somewhere in PCA how to add a page of text to Microsoft Word 2000 document without actually typing it in. I would find this really useful as a teacher so that my children could practice formatting, etc. Does anyone know how to do this?

VoG II 17:21 19 Mar 06

In a Word document type

=rand(10,4)

and press Enter. This will give you 10 paragraphs each with 4 sentences.

VoG II 17:29 19 Mar 06
  taffy101 17:39 19 Mar 06

Use copy and paste. If for example you wanted to copy text on a web page, select the text you want to copy, go to Edit menu and click Copy. Open Word, click Edit Menu, then Paste special and from the dialog box select Paste as unformatted text. The RTF option here would retain formatting. The HTML paste option would retain the website formatting which you wouldn’t want for your purpose.

Forum Editor 18:22 19 Mar 06

is an excellent way of achieving what you want; I use it myself when teaching groups of people how to use Word.

In the version I'm currently using (MS Office 12 beta) you end up with a document that tells you how to format documents - very useful.

Tycho 20:52 19 Mar 06

On word 2000 I got "the quick brown fox..." repeated 4 times in each of 10 paragraphs! Very dull. :-(

VoG II 20:54 19 Mar 06

You did good ;o)

Siddhartha 19:37 20 Mar 06

Exactly what i want - thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…