A silly me question.

misters 20:29 05 Oct 05

Hi i used to be able to clear my previous documents under the start menu but i have forgotten how to do it, i'm using win/xp home.

Thanx in advance.

Methedrine 20:32 05 Oct 05

Start > Settings > Click Taskbar and Start Menu, select "Start Menu" tab > Click "Customize", Click "Clear".

Skills 20:32 05 Oct 05

Right click on the taskbar then properties | start menu tab | customize button | advanced tab | button down the bottom to clear list.

Methedrine 20:32 05 Oct 05

Start > Settings > Click "Taskbar and Start Menu", select "Start Menu" tab > Click "Customize", Click "Clear".

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:33 05 Oct 05

start -settings- start menu -customize

Methedrine 20:33 05 Oct 05

Oops! Sorry for the double post.

ade.h 20:38 05 Oct 05

The above suggestion is for clearing the history for the programs list on the left pane of the Start Menu, is it not?

If that's not what you are looking for, what you are trying to do can be easily achieved through the use of TweakUI or CCleaner. Very different products, but both are capable of clearing document history (and in the case of CCleaner, other MRUs as well).

ade.h 20:39 05 Oct 05

There may be an option elsewhere in XP for clearing document history, but I haven't seen one. It's not on the Start Menu; that's definitely for the programs list.

misters 20:48 05 Oct 05

Thanx Guys i got it, it was simply to remove previous viewed documents.

crx1600 03:10 06 Oct 05

ade.h, assuming your using the default XP start menu, then follow 'Skills' advice, it's under the 'advanced' tab click here

ade.h 13:18 06 Oct 05

Thanks for the image, crx. However, that option is not present on my Start Menu properties! click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…