£ signs and online bank accounts

ianeon 09:57 03 Dec 05

Good morning - When I access my online bank account( smile ) and my building society websites I get the letter "J" where I should get the pound sign(£) - I have done all the good things virus/adware/sfc /scannow/regional settings/ etc - Can anyone help me get the pound sign back - Thank you - Ian

ICF 10:10 03 Dec 05

Control panel,Date,Time,Language and regional options,regional and Language options.Then make sure it's set to UK.

ianeon 11:54 03 Dec 05

Thank you - I did all that and many other things - still no joy.

Grantrh 12:09 03 Dec 05

I would try borrowing another keyboard from a friend etc and seeing if that works ok.
If it does then maybe your keyboard is toast.

€dstowe 12:12 03 Dec 05

I remember a previous thread on this same thing - the "£" sign coming up as a "J". I can't find the thread now and I can't recall the cure but, you may have better luck than me searching.

Trying another keyboard is a good notion though.

SEASHANTY 12:13 03 Dec 05

As ICF posting then click on "apply".

Have you tried using a different keyboard?

Is any other key giving you the pound sign?

This website of any help ?

click here

john-232317 12:24 03 Dec 05

Dont know how to replace it, but as a workround if it is essential, copy and paste the £ sign from the character map, or here £ .

€dstowe 12:43 03 Dec 05

What happens if you press Alt and 0163 on the numeric keypad?

ianeon 13:42 03 Dec 05

My apologies that I may not have explained myself fully - My computer works correctly, the "£" sign works correctly - It is the web pages of the bank/building society that show the difference "J" for "£" - My keyboard works correctly - everything works correctly except what I see on the screen when I access these financial websites - other sites which show "£" signs work correctly - I hope this clarifies things - I did approach A&L,Smile,Nationwide help lines but they had not heard of this problem before and could not suggest a remedy - I hope someone in this forum can - Thank you - Ian

David4637 14:26 03 Dec 05

Surely this has got nothing to do with your keyboard, its the bank sending out the data that includes the J. Have you tried accessing on another PC? This would confirm it? David

ianeon 14:44 03 Dec 05

David4637 - Thank you for that simple,obvious idea - lol. I shall go to our local library on Monday and check this out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…