signal boost

princesssuzie 13:07 14 Mar 14

hi gang can I boost the signal from wifi on a caravan site when on my holidays the site do have free access to the network, but where my caravan is the signal is not that good. the network owner said he cannot boost it any more so is there anything that I can buy to help the signal strength.

abhay822 13:43 14 Mar 14

You can use a wireless repeater/access point or an old router as a repeater/access point. The following video explains the concept click here

lotvic 21:01 14 Mar 14

You could adapt an old satellite dish into a WiFi antenna click here

alanrwood 15:07 28 Mar 14

The problem is that if there is no signal there in the first place you have nothing to boost. Your only alternative is to find a WiFi directional aerial and a router that allows an external aerial to be connected. Considering the price of that I would look at using a mobile dongle instead (if the mobile phone signal is good enough in your location???)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…