"Sign up through proxies is not allowed"!

X™ 17:28 08 Dec 06

Grr... I'm using Firefox & IE, and using NTL. When I try to sign up for some sites, it keeps saying I'm using a proxy. I am not. I use a "Direct connection to the internet" the only thing I can think of is that NTl is using a proxy, or connecting me via proxy. Is this possible? Thanks.

octal 18:42 08 Dec 06

I use NTL cable via a set top box. Normally you connect direct to the Internet. I take it you have checked in both the browsers to make sure they are set to connect directly to the Internet and haven't got a proxy address?

Try IP chicken click here and under Advanced see what the Name Address says, it should point to your local server.

I do use a proxy sometimes if I have problems with my local server not allowing me to access some web sites.

octal 18:44 08 Dec 06

Just as a matter of interest the first part of Name Address should give the location of your local server, in my case spc2-walt indicates the Waltham Park server which is just a short walk along the road from me.

octal 19:06 08 Dec 06

Sorry to keep posting , but I keep thinking of things that might help you. This site shows how to set up a proxy so it will give an idea where to check click here

X™ 19:26 08 Dec 06

Thanks but no help. I might phone NTL and ask them. If someone hadn't cancelled Sky, I'd be fine!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced