£ sign on keyboard

Quids in 17:39 10 Aug 04

A friend asked me where is the £ sign? It seems they have a different keyboard layout. For example,where the £ should be above the 3 is #. From memory, @ is also somewhere on the top line. I thought it should be easy to change but it's beaten me. Can anyone tell me what's the best thing to do please?

VoG II 17:55 10 Aug 04

Control Panel, set to UK in Regional and Language Options and in Keyboard.

Djohn 18:04 10 Aug 04

Unless the actual characters are different on the keyboard itself then it's an American keyboard.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:04 10 Aug 04

They obviously have an ammerican keyboard rather than a British one so the £ sign will not be shown set as per VoG™'s posting and a £ sign will ba printed instead of the #, @ will be printed as per uk layout shift + row 3 3rd from right.

john-232317 20:30 10 Aug 04

Spanish keyboards also have 3 + # also @ is on top row, cont + alt + 2 = @

Quids in 10:53 11 Aug 04

Thanks for help. We think this keyboard - whatever it is - came from Holland. Its sounds like the Spanish one. When I go to keyboard in control panel, there are just 2 tabs for speed and language which is set at English (British) I see that you can add others if you want. In regional settings, it is set at English (British) and currency £. If we press shift 3, should we get a pound sign even though it says # ? And if so, where is the # ? We're hoping to try it out later today or tomorrow and we thought we'd try plugging in my standard keyboard.

Simsy 11:10 11 Aug 04

the £ sign by using shift+3, it's likely that the # appears by using the same key as a "normal" british keyboard...

If so, it's the key immediately to the left of the keyboard return, i.e. it's the 3rd ket to the right of the letter L

I hope this helps!

cga 11:26 11 Aug 04

I have this problem in reverse.

At work I use US keyboards and at home I have a German format. Although I have the systems set up to match the keyboards I often get confused and cross over my z's & y's. :-)

The biggest problem I have is when using some standalone utility at home I have to remember where the character would have been on a US keyboard.

GRFT 13:13 11 Aug 04

How does one access the Euro sign which is on the 4 key just to the right of the 4?

VoG II 13:22 11 Aug 04

AltGr + 4 gives €

GRFT 07:53 12 Aug 04

Thank you = €.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…