Siemens Gigaset SE587WLANds router

oldbeefer2 17:59 23 Feb 08

Just been installing friends Tiscali broadband. It came with the above router which I want to set up wirelessly (speed very slow - suspect the extension wiring)but can find no info on this router anywhere. Any links to a users manual would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Ashrich 21:17 23 Feb 08

I would imagine that it should take the same settings as any other wireless modem router , I believe that you log in to it by typing 192.168.1.1 into your browser's address bar and can configure from there . As for finding more information about this router , as it isn't listed on the Tiscali support or from Siemens Gigabit support , it may well be a re-numbered one as it has customised firmware for Tiscali , have another look at the Siemens Gigabit web site and see if it is like some of the other models .

Ashley

oldbeefer2 21:50 23 Feb 08

Thanks Ashrich - I'll have a look tomorrow.

Zaphod 3 14:24 13 Apr 08

Sorry its late but if anybody else needs it.

click here

sarah1 20:09 29 May 08

Look on the Tiscali website as they have added the full manual. It is also on the cd if you explore it.

mittac 19:40 05 Nov 08

Hi
I needed to upgrade firmware and found out its easy now after hours
just type (192.168.1.1)into your browser's address bar without the () and that should get to log in page type admin for user and same for password that will log you in .select upgrade and scroll down there should be a link to download SE587_Tiscali_3.01.19A_009.img file save to a folder or desktop then browse from the upgrade page to where you have put it and just follow instrutions hope this helps

oldbeefer2 10:32 06 Nov 08

Thanks mittac - I'll do an upgrade next time I'm there.

grumy 13:15 10 Mar 10

Just read this useful thread and I have a query please. My Router face shows lights as floows: Power, Green steady on; Lan1 - 4 off; WLAN Green flashing; ASDL Green Steady; Online, Green flashing.
This is all with Desktop PC On BUT knowingly downloading or uploading ! ? As far as I can recall the router has always shown these lights same way. Grtaeful for ideas please.

grumy 21:10 10 Mar 10

Correction to my post above, sorry. Penultimate sentence should read "On But not knowingly downloading ......". Typo errors regretted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…