siemens gigaset router problems! Help

24/7 18:54 31 Oct 08

Hi guys my cousin that lives in the absolute outback of north yorkshire and doesnt know much about pc's has asked me to help her with her "siemens gigaset router" she has installed the ID number (As she put it) in the first bar of the screen thats underneath the router but when she tab's down to the next bar to put the key in for the second time it says "Key Invalid" can anyone help as ive suggested to her as much as i can been so far away from her...?
Thankx

Ashrich 21:59 31 Oct 08

All these things are case sensitive , so putting in the exact copy of what is printed underneath is imperative .
Make sure that what she is copying down is the actual security key , there maybe other numbers/letters there as well .

If all else fails you/she could always access the router set up pages and change the security , whether it be WEP or WPA to something else and try again . The address for accessing the set up is 192.168.1.1 , type this into an address bar in a browser and press enter , both user name and password for access is admin . Look for the Wireless tab , then encryption , you can change things from there .

Jusy had a look at the router PDF , the security key is usually ( if provided by Tiscali , this is one of their preferred routers ) in WPA code , as said above this is case sensitive so it must be copied accurately . It does sound like she isn't putting in the same code in the bottom box as she is in the top one .

Ashley

Ashrich 22:03 31 Oct 08

It also seems that as she is being asked to input the code twice that she is using Windows XP , so make sure that she has service pack 2 installed for WPA support . Right click on My Computer and select " properties" the resulting box will have the information .

Ashley

24/7 00:32 01 Nov 08

Ashrich!! Thankyou very much, & yes she's using XP, I will call her tomorrow thankx!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…