sidewinder causes PC to lock up when restarted

Owsie 21:33 24 Apr 03

after using sidewinder joystick via usb and pc is switched off pc refuses to start when turned on. keyboard lights fail to come on and all keys disabled. running xp on a p4

fly2hi 22:28 24 Apr 03

Are you sure the joystick is compatible with XP.
I have a sidewinder forcefeedback pro that was being used on a packard bell with win98, tried it on the xp and it wouldn't work. When I looked around one of the shed shops there didn't seem to be many joysticks that were xp compatible. Whether they will still work or not, I don't know. Perhaps emulating win98?
Just a thought...

A really silly question but did you install the joystick drivers from the CD? Or did you 'plug and play'?

Owsie 08:28 25 Apr 03

I used plug and play. pc recognised joystick and all buttons work. Joystick works with various games. Closing games down and selecting another program allows use of keyboard. When pc is restarted the keyboard will not respond. I have top disconnect joystick and reboot to allow normal use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…