sideways picture

kf52owh 16:30 01 Jun 06

Hi all
Just got back from my mother in laws, she has a 2 month old Dell. She had dropped a cd on her keyboard and the windows picture on her monitor went onto its side, ie you had to tilt your head to read the icons etc. I did a system restore and got it back the right way up but I'm baffled as to what actually happened!
Can anyone put me out of my misery?

silverous 16:47 01 Jun 06

..there was a hot-key setup for rotation?!

Go into the driver properties - on my dell there is a 'rotation' tab on the display settings and there is a hotkey option. You have to specifically set it on mine so you would think you/your mother would know about it but might've forgotten. I think the CD could've hit the hotkey?!

Gongoozler 17:47 01 Jun 06

Try CTRL + ALT = F1.

Alternatively you might find the option to rotate the screen in the graphics card options - Right click on an unused part of the desktop, select Properties - Settings - Advanced and look through the various submenus

Eric10 19:00 01 Jun 06

Sometimes it's CTL+ALT+Up Arrow to reset the default orientation.

Doonie 11:53 14 Aug 06

Re 'sideways picture' help from Eric10. Thank you for your advice. I pressed CTL+ALT+UP key and it put my screen back to normal immediately.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…