Date: 08/12/2009 09:39:52
Event ID: 59
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Brian-PC
Description:
Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files (x86)\microsoft\search enhancement pack\search helper\sepsearchhelperie.dll".Error in manifest or policy file "c:\program files (x86)\microsoft\search enhancement pack\search helper\sepsearchhelperie.dll" on line 2. Invalid Xml syntax.
Event Xml:
Event xmlns="click here">
System>
Provider Name="SideBySide" />
EventID Qualifiers="49409">59 /EventID>
Level>2 /Level>
Task>0 /Task>
Keywords>0x80000000000000 /Keywords>
TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-12-08T09:39:52.000000000Z" />
EventRecordID>7475 /EventRecordID>
Channel>Application /Channel>
Computer>Brian-PC /Computer>
Security />
/System>
EventData>
Data>
/Data>
Data>
/Data>
Data>
/Data>
Data>
/Data>
Data>
/Data>
Data>
/Data>
Data>
/Data>
Data>
/Data>
Data>
/Data>
Data>
/Data>
Data>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft\search enhancement pack\search helper\sepsearchhelperie.dll /Data>
Data>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft\search enhancement pack\search helper\sepsearchhelperie.dll /Data>
Data>2 /Data>

Keep getting this error in event viewer. I have installed the visual cc 2008. Can anyone help?

provider 2 11:24 08 Dec 09

I think it may have something to do with Firefox add-ons.

Exactly what I`m not sure but I`m getting this Side by Side thing too.

Maybe this will help: click here

numskull 11:34 08 Dec 09

I read it was something to do with the Windows Live toolbar but I have been getting this error with or without the toolbar being installed!

provider 2 11:34 08 Dec 09

Right ... from what I`ve been able to find out it may affect several apps.

Whether or not the suggested C++ hotfix download will resolve the problem, I don`t know yet. I think it statred showing up only yesterday ... perhaps I should check Event Viewer more often ...

Eric10 15:12 08 Dec 09

I had this error appearing in Event Viewer a couple of years ago just after installing Dreamweaver CS3. The errors appeared every time I ran the program. Installing the Visual C++ Runtime cured it completely.

provider 2 15:32 08 Dec 09

It does seem to be something from the past coming back to haunt us, which is why I`m a bit hesitant to to go with the Visual C++ Runtime thingy which should have been taken care of in updates by now.

I`m still fiddling about with Firefox add-on updates to see if that`s at the root of the problem.

Woolwell 15:54 08 Dec 09

Have a look at click here

provider 2 16:02 08 Dec 09

Thanks for that.

It looks as if there`s a choice ... delete "Search Assistant" (which I don`t think I have), or install the Visual C++ Runtime hotfix.

I think I`ll try the latter once I`ve had a look at the Ms website to find out more about it.

Woolwell 16:15 08 Dec 09

You may have received the search assistant as part of an update.

numskull 16:16 08 Dec 09

Whats the difference between the hotfix x86 and x 64?

numskull 16:47 08 Dec 09

I've uninstalled the 2008 x86 versions and installed the 2005 x64 versions. 7 update advisor says it is compatible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…