Shuttle wont start

neilstratton 21:29 06 Sep 06

I have a Shuttle SB81P that wont start.I know the psu is ok as I have changed it with one I know works.
When I press the power button the fans all start but nothing else.There is no led on the mobo.No led on front panel.
It was moved from one place to another yesterday and it obviously had a knock as the hard drive was unseated.
Any ideas please?

wee eddie 22:07 06 Sep 06

Open it up > Re-seat everything > Check all connections > Restart.

neilstratton 22:12 06 Sep 06

Thanks eddie done that.Nothing.No beep.No led on mobo...

woodchip 22:15 06 Sep 06

Retry the PSU that you took out

neilstratton 22:22 06 Sep 06

Also done that woodchip.How can I tell if my mobob is dead?Would the fsns work?I have four identical machines so am able to swap bits around.The psu I swapped was identical.

woodchip 22:25 06 Sep 06

Only way is to put a new one in. Try removing power from All Drives to see if you can get it o post to BIOS. Just pull the plugs off remove all card other than Graphics

woodchip 22:26 06 Sep 06

Only way is to put a new one in. Try removing power from All Drives to see if you can get it o post to BIOS. Just pull the plugs off remove all card other than Graphics

neilstratton 22:31 06 Sep 06

Thanks-just done that.What does post to bios mean?

woodchip 23:07 06 Sep 06

You may get a Beep, also if you press like Del it should go to BIOS does the screen light up as above

neilstratton 23:35 06 Sep 06

No beep.No load of bios.No screen.....

xania 09:12 07 Sep 06

Go back a stage. You have said that the fans are not moving. This implies no power is getting to the mobo. Some mobos require more than one connection and looking at the FP81, it looks as if this is the case here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…