shuttle sp35pro -blue screen problem : usb bugcode

lauie 13:53 12 Aug 08

Hello All,
I have a Shuttle system, sp35p2 pro, base on...
intel p35 (northbridge) + ich9 (southbridge). I am using Vista 32 (ultimate) with 'service pack 1'; sata drive; nvidia 8800gt. cpu (Q6600) and GPU temp at about 64DegC. Psu @ 400W. I have a usb keyboard, and usb mouse. No other usb devices

I have try rearranging my usb connections to the usb ports and have upgraded to Vista service pack 1, but still get blue screen whenever i play games.

>>>
I do often use both the left and right mouse button, simultaneously, during gaming.
>>>
(i dont think it is to do with overheating or not drawing enough current from psu)

I have been getting a blue screen with the following message:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
(now getting IRQ conflict)

If this is the first time you’ve seen this Stop error screen, restart you computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.
If the problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Start up Options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:

***STOP:0X000000FE (0X00000002, 0X 825D74E8, 0X82DD0BE0, 0X824203E0)
Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance."

Has anyone experince this problem, and, if so, what was the fix - if any.

>>is it related to ich9 southbridge; do i need to upgrade driver for this from INTEL?

Thanks.

Ditch999 14:25 12 Aug 08

Does your USB keyboard and mouse require drivers installed from the manufacturer? The Stop error can be caused by buggy drivers. Try uninstalling them if there are any installed and use the generic ones supplied by Windows.

Surprised you can play games at all with a 400W PSU running a 8800GT.

lauie 14:38 12 Aug 08

Hi Ditch,
Using generic microsoft drivers, both for mouse and keyboard.

The only other usb drivers install was for a flash drive - it was self installing.

Also, xbox controller driver, never used this gamer controller.

Does anyone think i need to uninstall these, even though i dont use them when the bluscreen comes on?

Ditch999 14:43 12 Aug 08

"Does anyone think i need to uninstall these,"
Thats where I would start

I would also look at the PSU to see whats Amps it can output. An 8800gt needs a minimum of 400W and 22Amps

Ditch999 14:56 12 Aug 08

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
(now getting IRQ conflict)

Mmmmm. If there are IRQ conflicts then it could also be a BIOS problem. Is the BIOS set to assign IRQs or are you using Vista to do it?

Ditch999 15:00 12 Aug 08

Have you installed all the latest drivers and the USB patch? click here

lauie 18:36 13 Aug 08

Ditch,
Thanks. will have a look at this link.

Much appreciated,

L.

lauie 18:40 13 Aug 08

Can anyone elaborate the differenc between Bios assigned IRq and vista assigned IRQ?

Ditch999 18:57 13 Aug 08

If the BIOS controls IRQs they get assigned during POST by the BIOS, however if the OS assigns them they get assigned as required when the OS loads. If another device is added the OS can cope but the BIOS might not.

If the BIOS is old or buggy it may not be capable of assigning multiple IRQs correctly and you can end up conflicts ie to many devices use the same one at the same time. It is usually best to allow a modern OS assign and control IRQs.

It should show you in Device Manager if there are any conflicts when you click on Resources on the Properties tab of the device.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos