Shuttle sn41g2

emmos 18:42 19 Dec 03

I am assembling a bare bones pc, in the manuals one says to use a normal cooling fan on the cpu in the other manual to use the cooling pipes , which one is corrct. Dave

KwaK 21:08 19 Dec 03

I have just put one of these together yesterday.

One manual seems to be just for the motherboard IIRC and it is that one which states the use of the fan.

The other manual that refers to the cooling pipes is the assembly manual for the SN41G2 itself.

Go with the pipes description. Mine has been running with the pipes, Athlon 2500+ CPU, XP Pro with no probs (yet!).

Did you get it from Ebuyer as I did?

If so beware as the CPU shim does have a piece of blue plastic adhered to it that isn't mentioned in the instructions, this needs to be peeled off.

It is a great little system though.

I hope this helps :o)

emmos 00:04 20 Dec 03

Yes I did get it from ebuyer , so you didn't use a cooling fan. Dave

KwaK 10:21 20 Dec 03

The I.C.E. heatpipes lead up to 'fins' and it's these 'fins' that have a fan attached to them which all attaches to the back of the Shuttle's case.

Take a look at click here

You do have the fan that goes onto these fins?

KwaK 10:23 20 Dec 03

In answer to your question, no, there is no fan sitting on top of the CPU cooling it although I can't see why you couldn't put one there.

The I.C.E. pipe setup does seem quieter than a normal CPU fan setup though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…