Shuttle barebones systems questions...

Mr Fiddle 12:14 05 Mar 04

I am thinking of getting one of these: click here

I already have a monitor, processor, DDR ram, CDRW, Harddrive and video card.

I can't find much information about the isides of these systems. Do they have a motherboard and what kind? How do the power connectors work? How easy are they to assemble?

leo49 12:41 05 Mar 04

I just looked at your link and all the info you seek is there in the product spec and if you read the 29 buyers reviews which'll give you plenty of construction tips.

scotty 12:49 05 Mar 04

Click on the gearwheel next to the i to see the specification. Also read the reviews (click to the right of the 5 stars).

Yes, motherboard is included. It is made by Shuttle. These models look like wonderful space saving boxes and the heat pipes help keep the noise level down.

JerryJay 13:00 05 Mar 04

Mr Fiddle, welcome on board Shuttle SFF train. There is a very active community os Shuttle SFF users, see special forum here: click here

Product info: click here

Yes, it got a motherboard, the whole point of SFF (Samll Form Factor) machine, but the model you selected is rather old model, you may find better ones (better price) in shutle's UK dealer such as click here.

There are other places you can buy e.g. click here, click here etc etc.

JerryJay 13:07 05 Mar 04

You may consider SN45G instead if you have video card. Compare with other "normal" big PC, Shuttle is relatively quiet, but there are many measures which can make it a really quiet machine. One of them is to use their silent X PSU, maybe you could check if SN45G that on sale has the new 250W silent PSU or not, otherwise you could get a separate one for £40.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…