shutting down the screen ?

Ikelos 19:50 04 Apr 06

Hi, on this laptop i have set it for the screensaver to come on after 15 min, monitor to go off after 20min and the HDD to go off after 25 minutes, and "never to go into standby" since a reformat and a reload of the OS it gets to the HDD shutting down for a couple of seconds then it goes back to the desktop and starts all over again...........any one any idea where i ahve gone wrong.............thank you

Jackcoms 20:06 04 Apr 06

Screen saver and Standby/Hibernation is linked to the graphics card.

Did you re-install your graphics drivers?

Ikelos 20:14 04 Apr 06

i did download the video drivers from the Dell website, is that the same thing...thanks

Jackcoms 20:16 04 Apr 06

Yes

Ikelos 20:23 04 Apr 06

thanks, oh well, back to the drawing board.

Jackcoms 20:26 04 Apr 06

You said you 'downloaded' the drivers.

But did you actually install them?

Ikelos 20:33 04 Apr 06

yes, that i did do, it was a self extracting file and it all seemed to go in fine, I put it in because when I scrolled down the screen the image sort of, rolled over it's self.

Ikelos 20:38 04 Apr 06

I suppose the monitor is suppose to go off before the HDD...........

Ikelos 21:46 04 Apr 06

it must have been a dodgy microsoft screen saver, just changed it for a 3rd party one, and now it all shuts down as it should, any way thanks for the help Jackcoms..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…